To date, Boot Camp 4a Cause has donated $48,000 to local causes — $25,000 of which has gone to the Piedmont Park Conservancy. BC4C’s donation to the PPC has provided the equivalent of:
- 119 weeks of summer camp scholarships
- 50 environmental field trips for camp children
- 714 Bales of pine straw for landscaping
- 72 Pieces of landscaping equipment, including pitchforks
- Aeration of 25 acres of turf
- 250 week supplies of doggie bags
- Planting of 20 hardwood trees
- Creation of 5 Bird habitats and nesting boxes for the wetland area
- Purchase of 2,083 energy efficient lightbulbs for park facilities
- Two season’s worth of flowers for the entire park
We need your help selecting our remaining 2012 causes!
Piedmont Park Conservancy receives 50% of BC4C’s proceeds each month and Kate’s Club has been our featured cause for the first quarter of 2012; but we want you, our boot campers and the general public, to choose our additional 2012 causes. We will support three additional causes — one for each of the remaining quarters of the year.